Riverside Drive - New Route
The permanent diversion of Riverside Drive is now in effect.
- A 300m section of Riverside Drive between the Bell Tower and the Convention Centre has been permanently diverted.
- From Tuesday 28 January vehicular traffic use Barrack Street, The Esplanade and William Street as part of the Riverside Drive route – an easy “U-shape” around Perth’s newest waterfront destination.
- Watch the video to see how you can travel the new route.
Along with the new citybound link via Riverside Drive West, two-way traffic on William Street and extra lanes in the Northbridge Tunnel, the new Riverside Drive route marks completion of a number of significant works which are helping to transform our city.
Pedestrians and Cyclists
From 23 February, cyclists and pedestrians will no longer have access to the existing dual use path and will be diverted around the project area. Cyclists and pedestrians will be required to use:
- The dual use path along the eastern side of Barrack Street.
- The dual use path on the southern side of The Esplanade.
- Temporary paths on William Street that have been constructed inside the site boundary.
Click on the map to view a larger version:
Road and traffic information available: