The MRA is currently undertaking works in the Milligan Street precinct of the Perth City Link project including:
- creating two new development sites between the Perth Arena and former Perth Entertainment Centre
- installing and upgrading services including key water, sewer, power and gas infrastructure for the city
- extending Milligan Street to provide access to the Arena and bus route access to Wellington Street
- modifications to the southern approach to the overpass to maintain access between the CBD and Northbridge
- creating a large attractive landscaped area with trees, seating and lighting
May Works Update
The first stage of the pedestrian land bridge that will eventually connect to Roe Street is complete. The final connection will be made in 2015 following the completion of the rail project works.
Regular works updates will be posted on this page, or you can sign up to receive the updates straight to your inbox by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Perth City Link project and works, please call the Community Information Line on 1800 639 726.
You can find information on transport related works on the PTA's project website.
Important Update - Perth Station closure and Midland Line platform changes
To complete works associated with the Perth City Link project, Perth Station will be closed from 10.30pm Friday 17 May to last service on Sunday 19 May, impacting the Armadale, Midland and Thornlie lines.
Visit Transperth for more service disruption information and sign up for the free TravelEasy email service.
Though Perth Station will be closed, there will be no impact to the walkway between the Perth Cultural Centre and Forrest Place for pedestrians connecting between the city and Northbridge.
The weekend work also includes closing the Moore Street level-crossing. During this time traffic management and Principle Shared Pathway (PSP) diversions will be in place.
Following this closure of Perth Station, from Monday, 20 May the Midland Line will move back to Platform 8.
Please note the platform change does not mean the Midland-Fremantle through-service is reinstated. This will occur when the Fremantle Line tunnel is operational later this year.
Passengers will access Platform 8 via the new extension at the eastern end of the station, complete with stairs and escalators.
Until the new lift is in place, a temporary walkway will be used for accessibility access between Platform 8 and Platform 6.
Platform 7 will no longer be operational.
- New Main Roads WA traffic maps providing weekly updates on works and suggesting alternate routes, where possible.
- Perth City Link