Further infrastructure upgrades are required along Wellington Street, commencing July 2016 with anticipated completion in mid-2017.
This stage of works along the northern side of Wellington Street, between King Street and William Street, will see major services upgraded and installed including:
- Services installed including power, gas and telecommunications.
- A new access path for pedestrians and cyclists is being constructed between Milligan Street and Telethon Avenue. This will involve a temporary diversion mid-July with minimal impact to pedestrians and cyclists.
- Installation of services and drainage works are occurring on the Wellington Street northern verge in front of the Kings Square Precinct and future King Street connection. Demolition of retaining wall footings may involve some rock breaking.
- Drainage works opposite Queen Street.
- Landscaping of these areas in 2017.
Some minor vibrations and noise will occur in the immediate vicinity as works are undertaken, and the current one lane eastbound and one lane westbound traffic configuration in Wellington Street (between King Street and William Street) will remain in place throughout this stage of works.
Follow us on Twitter @VitalPerth, subscribe to our emails or call our Community Information Line on 1800 639 726 for more details.