Parking, pedestrian and cyclist access changes are in place at Scarborough beachfront whilst works are underway until 2017 including:
- Slight adjustments to pathways and access points during paving works
- Foreshore pathways are closed within the construction zone between Reserve and Brighton streets
- An east west pedestrian access is open at the clock tower through to the amphitheatre and beach
- Scarborough Beach Road will be closed between West Coast Highway and The Esplanade (bus exit and deliveries only via Scarborough Beach Road) - vehicle access to the beachfront via Manning Street or Brighton Road until mid-2017
- The Esplanade will be one-way from Manning Street to Brighton Road until mid-late 2017
- New northbound cyclist lane added to The Esplanade
- Bus stops move to West Coast Highway (by Rendezvous Hotel, drop off only) and The Esplanade (north of Scarborough Beach Road, pick up and drop off) - visit Transperth's website for detailed route and bus stop information
- Taxi rank relocated 100m north in front of Peter's by the Sea
Look out for parking bays on the lower and upper concourses of the foreshore, underneath the Rendezvous Hotel (paid) or in the Wilson carpark on Manning Street (200 free all-day bays during warmer months are clearly marked on level six and above, all other bays are free for the first two hours or $5 all day parking).
A detailed map is available for download.
Access to local businesses and residential buildings will remain in place at all times although there may be some slight adjustments to pathways and access points throughout the works period. Follow the signs.