Planning Claisebrook Village
Careful planning and design have transformed a run-down industrial area into the vibrant Claisebrook Village. Our planning framework has been guided by the former East Perth Redevelopment Authority (EPRA), with our redevelopment scheme, development policies and design guidelines in place to create the best possible results.
Since January 2002, as each area of Claisebrook Village has been completed, we have handed planning authority back to City of Perth. This process is known as ‘normalisation’ and is now 86% complete for this project.
Our development application process
There are a series of steps involved in obtaining planning approval which can take up to 90 days for standard developments and 120 days for major projects.
- Design Phase: A concept for the development is considered and the requirement for planning approval is determined by the applicant.
- Pre-Lodgement Meeting: An optional meeting with our Planning Team to discuss the application and/or process.
- Lodgement: The development application is compiled and submitted to our Planning Team along with the required fee.
- Assessment: Our team assesses proposed development in line with the relevant planning framework and refers it to the relevant agencies. It could also be referred to independent consultants, design review panels or advertised for public comment.
- Decide and Inform: Notification of the outcome for the development application is given.
Throughout the process our Planning Team will liaise with you where required. An additional Working Drawings process may be requested if necessary. Only once approval has been given can you apply for a Building License from your Local Government.
There's some answers to lots of frequently asked questions and a detailed step by step diagram on the development application process page.
Find out more
Read our planning documents, view our planning and approvals page or learn about our development application process.