Planning the future at Elizabeth Quay
We have been responsible for delivering Elizabeth Quay since January 2012 with planning authority officially handed over by the Western Australian Planning Commission in August 2012. Our development is guided by our Central Perth Redevelopment Scheme, design guidelines and our redevelopment policies.
Our development application process
There are a series of steps involved in obtaining planning approval which can take up to 90 days for standard developments and 120 days for major projects.
- Design Phase: A concept for the development is considered and the requirement for planning approval is determined by the applicant.
- Pre-Lodgement Meeting: An optional meeting with our Planning Team to discuss the application and/or process.
- Lodgement: The development application is compiled and submitted to our Planning Team along with the required fee.
- Assessment: Our team assesses proposed development in line with the relevant planning framework and refers it to the relevant agencies. It could also be referred to independent consultants, design review panels or advertised for public comment.
- Decide and Inform: Notification of the outcome for the development application is given.
Throughout the process our Planning Team will liaise with you where required. An additional Working Drawings process may be requested if necessary. Only once approval has been given can you apply for a Building License from your Local Government.
There's some answers to lots of frequently asked questions and a detailed step by step diagram on the development application process page.
Find out more
Find related planning documents, learn more about our planning and approvals process or start a development application.