Planning Perth City Link
Once complete, Perth City Link will create some amazing improvements in Perth’s inner-city landscape.
We’re currently managing all aspects of planning within the project area. Our work is guided by a planning framework which includes our master plan and the Central Perth Redevelopment Scheme, along with development policies and design guidelines for each precinct.
Our development application process
There are a series of steps involved in obtaining planning approval which can take up to 90 days for standard developments and 120 days for major projects.
There are a series of steps involved in obtaining planning approval which can take up to 90 days for standard developments and 120 days for major projects:
- Design Phase: A concept for the development is considered and the requirement for planning approval is determined by the applicant.
- Pre-Lodgement Meeting: An optional meeting with our Planning Team to discuss the application and/or process.
- Lodgement: The development application is compiled and submitted to our Planning Team along with the required fee.
- Assessment: Our team assesses proposed development in line with the relevant planning framework and refers it to the relevant agencies. It could also be referred to independent consultants, design review panels or advertised for public comment.
- Decide and Inform: Notification of the outcome for the development application is given.
Throughout the process our Planning Team will liaise with you where required. An additional Working Drawings process may be requested if necessary. Only once approval has been given can you apply for a Building License from your Local Government.
There's some answers to lots of frequently asked questions and a detailed step by step diagram on the development application process page.