Our plans for Wungong Urban
Our work in this area is guided by the framework set in place by what was the Armadale Redevelopment Authority.
The planning framework includes a comprehensive master plan, redevelopment scheme, policies and design guidelines, and strict conditions for managing the natural environment in all development activity.
Who is the planning authority?
We are the planning authority for the Armadale redevelopment area, including the area known as Wungong Urban.
Development application process
All developers need to submit a development application to us for approval for any development.
There are a series of steps involved in obtaining planning approval which can take up to 90 days for standard developments and 120 days for major projects.
- Design Phase: A concept for the development is considered and the requirement for planning approval is determined by the applicant.
- Pre-Lodgement Meeting: An optional meeting with our Planning Team to discuss the application and/or process.
- Lodgement: The development application is compiled and submitted to our Planning Team along with the required fee.
- Assessment: Our team assesses proposed development in line with the relevant planning framework and refers it to the relevant agencies. It could also be referred to independent consultants, design review panels or advertised for public comment.
- Decide and Inform: Notification of the outcome for the development application is given.
Throughout the process our Planning Team will liaise with you where required. An additional Working Drawings process may be requested if necessary. Only once approval has been given can you apply for a Building License from your Local Government.
There's some answers to lots of frequently asked questions and a detailed step by step diagram on the development application process page.
Buiding or renovating in the area
The Wungong Urban Development Contribution Scheme
Our Wungong Urban project needs new infrastructure, housing, transport links, community facilities and more to service the area.
For this project, we have a $265million Development Contribution Scheme where each developer will contribute to the cost of providing facilities and infrastructure. This scheme has been adopted under our MRA Redevelopment Scheme for the Armadale area. Read the Development Contribution Scheme review report for more information.