Come aboard and explore the replica of the historic Duyfken – the Dutch barge and first ship to land on Australian shores in 1616.
The full-scale replica ship was built in Western Australia in 1999 and recently commemorated 400 years since Dutch discoverer Dirk Hartog and his crew made landfall off the coast of WA.
Take a tour of the Duyfken whilst it's moored near the island at Elizabeth Quay. An audio tour will take you on two journeys - one that walks you through the ship, its history and parts, with the other tour taking you on a step back in time 400 years to give an idea of what it was like aboard the ship in the early 1600's.
- Each tour is escorted by a tour leader, with a maximum of 10 guests.
- Each guest will have their own audio kit.
- The audio tour runs for 25 minutes with the full tour running for 45 minutes.
Visit the Duyfken website for historical stories, photos and videos.
Volunteer Tour Guides Wanted
The ship is looking for volunteers who can fill a regular weekly or fortnightly time slot at Elizabeth Quay.
All guides will be provided with on-site training and a team uniform.
If you enjoy interacting with people and would love to be part of the Duyfken family, please contact Pic Lee - email@example.com, 0427 160 606,
Visit Duyfken's website for more information on volunteering.
- 30 November 2016 - March 2017
- Wednesday - Sunday, 1-5pm
- Tours every 15 minutes on the hour, last tour 4.30pm
- $12.50 Adults
- $10 Seniors/Concessions
- $5 Children (4-16yrs). Not suitable for children under 4.
Elizabeth Quay, The Esplanade, Perth WA 6000