Arcadia Australia is coming to Elizabeth Quay this November in an Australian exclusive.
The 'Landing Show' will be a fusion of local, national and international music programmed with breathtaking performances, creative engineering and innovative technology, culminating in an amazing spectacle of unity and celebration.
The Spider is at the heart of the show, and is built from repurposed military and industrial hardware, including jet engines, afterburner units, customs scanning units, cranes and helicopter fuselages. The Spider is animated by state of the art lighting, hydraulics, pyrotechnics and lasers. Artists perform in the belly of the beast, allowing audiences to stand under and around the 360-degree structure.
The Landing Show tells the story of an alien spider landing on earth, his interaction with humanity and his attempts to understand the contradictions within society. The 30 minute show sees audience abductions, interactive and aerial performances and mechanical mayhem culminate into a fiery climax.
- Community Open Days - 23 and 24 November: A chance to see behind the scenes and get up close and personal with the 50 tonne spider all the way from Glastonbury.
- Day 1 - Friday 25 November (18+): Opening night with international electronic artists
- Day 2 - Saturday 26 November (18+): Delivering the biggest names in Australian dance music
- Day 3 - Sunday 27 November (under 18 only, 13-17 yrs): An all Australian Trap, Hip Hop and Dance line up
The line-up sees Leftfield headlining the opening party, with local artists Alison Wonderland and Carmada entertaining crowds on nights two and three.
This event is supported by the MRA and coordinated and managed by The Event Agency. Tickets on sale 7 July at 9am. Visit website
Dates and times
- 23 - 27 November 2016
- From $99 plus booking fee
Geoffrey Bolton Ave, Perth WA 6000