Everyone is invited to see, hear and taste a variety of experiences through ceremonies and rituals, cultural displays and exhibits, vegetarian food and multicultural entertainment.
The quay will be buzzing with activities during the two day event, to spread the message of respect , tolerance, consensus and openness.
The event aims to promote harmonious co-existence among people, and provide visitors an insight into Buddhist teachings and philosophy as a way of life to bring about peace and happiness.
The program includes:
- Bathing of the Buddha
- Baby blessing ceremony
- Multi-faith blessing ceremony
- Life story of Sakyamuni Buddha
- Alms round procession
- Be Kind Be Vego cooking demo
- Multicultural performances
- Multicultural vegetarian food fair
- Three Acts of Goodness photography exhibition
- Buddha's Birthday education project
- Mass meditation
- Tea & incense appreciation
- Chinese calligraphy
- Children's DIY art & craft
- Children's rides
- Chinese Lion & Dragon dance
- Fireworks display
Smoke and alcohol free event.
This event is supported by the MRA, Office of Multicultural Interests, City of Perth and City of Bayswater Visit website
Dates and times
- 8 April 2017 11:00am - 8:30pm
- 9 April 2017 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Entry is free
Geoffrey Bolton Ave, Perth WA 6000