Take advantage of Perth’s perfect autumn evenings at Chefs for the Gascoyne – a fundraising event to support the devastated Gascoyne Region in the wake of Cyclone Olwyn.
The category 3 cyclone destroyed banana crops, newly planted vegetable and fruit tree crops and caused major infrastructure damage in the region. Every cent raised at this event will be given directly to affected growers in the area.
Inspired by produce donated by some of WA’s premier food growers and producers, 25 chefs’ will create gourmet canapés for 500 lucky guests. The afternoon – to take place in the Perth Cultural Centre’s Urban Orchard – will be hosted by media personalities Verity James, Sabrina Hahn and Josh Byrne. Entry cost is $150 and includes all food, beverages and entertainment. All profits will be donated to support affected growers in the Gascoyne region.
The fantastic Chefs for the Gascoyne and some of the tasty delights they'll be serving are set to include:
Peter Manifis – executive chef, Incontro
- Baby goat tagine, cous cous, yoghurt salsa
- Seafood & chorizo paella
Diego Cossio – head chef, Must Winebar
- Menu to be advised
Anna Gare - celebrity foodie
- Cone bay barramundi soft taco, tomato salsa
Don Hancey – WA Food Ambassador
- Linley Valley Pork slider
- Gourmania Lobster Bisque with Limeburners single malt whiskey cream
Justin Bell – owner, Jus Burgers and Pinchos
- Spicy BBQ pulled beef brisket
Adam Bielawski – owner, Poach Pear
- Antipasto and local charcuterie
Sophie Budd – owner, Taste Budds
- Carnarvon Mess
Zoe Roy – head chef, Swallow Bar
- French onion and gruyere croquettes
Vince Garreffa – owner, Mondos
- Mondos Italian Moonmeat
Ryan Ebbs - The Merrywell, Crown Perth
- Smoked Beef Brisket Tostadas, sriracha mayonnaise
Brendon Rose - Market & Co, Crown Perth
- Buffalo Mini Burger with house made ranch dressing, hot sauce, pickles, celery salad
And there’s more to come!
Dates and times
- 19 April 2015 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Perth Cultural Centre, (Bordered by Roe Street, William Street, Beaufort Street and Francis Street)