Terms & Conditions - Scarborough WiFi
By accessing and using the ScarboroughNet (Scarborough WiFi) it means that you accept and agree to abide by the terms and conditions described below.
Failure to agree to the terms and conditions
If you do not agree to these terms and conditions do not access ScarboroughNet.
As a condition of your use of ScarboroughNet, you will not use ScarboroughNet for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
ScarboroughNet is a free service available to everyone. We ask that you respect others and not make excessive demands on the limited bandwidth by downloading or uploading large files, including video streaming. If you do so, your access to ScarboroughNet could be terminated.
You also agree to:
- Consider your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in public places. If you include personal information you do so at your own risk.
- Express your own views and opinions and not to impersonate any person or entity.
- Treat people as you want to be treated and not use ScarboroughNet to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others.
- Not to download, publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate.
- Not to use any automated scripting tools or software.
- Not to engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming.
- Not to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using ScarboroughNet any material that you do not have a right to make available under any law or contractual obligation or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
- Not to breach any applicable laws or regulations.
ScarboroughNet has no obligation to monitor any user's use of the wifi service. However, ScarboroughNet retains the right at all times to monitor, retain and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
Security of system for online banking
ScarboroughNet is a normal public open network, and no liability is accepted by ScarboroughNet, the MRA and TSG for the security of information exchanged over it. Each user must decide personally and accept full responsibility if they wish to undertake transactions such as online banking, provision of credit card details to third parties or other sensitive information.
For information regarding online security in general, please visit one of the following websites:
- ACCC - What to look out for and how to protect yourself.
- Australian High Tech Crime Centre - The Australian Federal Police e-Crime policing strategy and how you can report a crime.
- FIDO - ASIC’s online information centre highlighting popular scams and how to avoid them.
Accuracy of information and disclaimer of warranties
Access to ScarboroughNet is provided on an as available basis. Neither ScarboroughNet, the MRA or TSG, its related bodies corporate, their directors or employees make any representation or warranty that:
- any material on ScarboroughNet will be reliable, accurate or complete (nor do they accept any responsibility arising in any way for errors in, or omissions from that material); or
- your access to ScarboroughNet will be uninterrupted, timely or secure. ScarboroughNet, the MRA or TSG, its related bodies corporate, their directors or employees will not be liable for loss resulting from any action or decision by you in reliance on the information on ScarboroughNet, nor any interruption, delay in operation or transmission, virus, communications failure, Internet access difficulties, or malfunction in equipment or software.
These conditions and all other specific and additional terms which govern your use or access to ScarboroughNet will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia and the Commonwealth of Australia.
Limitation of liability
This does not exclude any rights and remedies available to you under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any similar State or Territory legislation that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
You expressly agree and understand that in no circumstances ScarboroughNet, the MRA and TSG, its related bodies corporate, their directors or employees will be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages or loss of profits of whatever nature howsoever arising (including but not limited to any act or omission) which result from:
- the use of or access to or any inability to use or access ScarboroughNet;
- unauthorised access to or alterations of your transmissions or data; or
- statements or conduct of any third party on ScarboroughNet.
Updates to ScarboroughNet
ScarboroughNet may change or discontinue any feature of the wifi service including features, hours of availability and equipment required for access.
ScarboroughNet may change and update these terms and conditions at any time. Updated versions of these terms and conditions will be posted to the site.
You are responsible for ensuring that you regularly review these terms and conditions. Your continued use of ScarboroughNet after any such changes are made will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of those changes.